Thursday, December 17, 2015

Frank-N-Honey Fash Wash



I, like many others before me, have fallen in love with essential oils (EO). I've always liked crafting and DIY. EO are a way for me to combine all my crafting and DIY ideas into one hobby. I do see it as more than a hobby. It is becoming my lifestyle. I am becoming more hippy-like every day! I am avoiding products with fake perfumes and names of ingredients I don't know. I have thrown away my fluoride-filled toothpaste and mouthwash, aluminum-filled deodorant, toxin-filled face wash, shampoo and lotion and replaced them with either homemade stuff or store bought natural stuff. It feels so good!

Just a few weeks ago I threw away some travel shampoo and a large unused bottle of lotion. I feel like I should donate it, but no one should be putting that stuff on their bodies!!!

The first thing I made after purchasing my Premium Starter Kit was my own face wash. I did quite a bit of researching on Pinterest to find just the right recipe.

8 oz container with lid or dispener
1/3 C raw unpasteurized honey
1/3 C castile soap - baby mild/unscented
3 TBSP distilled water
2 TBSP nourishing oil, I used sweet almond oil. Other options include jojoba, avocado, olive apricot, argan, grapeseed, etc.)
16 drops Frankincense YLEO

Add the water first to the container then castile soap, honey and oil. Put lid on and gently tilt container back and forth to allow ingredients to mix. Continue until honey is fully dissolved. Shake the container every now and then to ensure it is mixed before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment