Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Almost a Mommy

I didn't sleep well last night. I was so anxious for Khloe to get here and worried I wouldn't hear the phone ring if K's water broke in the middle of the night. At 8:39am I was in the middle of writing a text to K when J (K's mom) texted me to say the doc/nurse just broke K's water. J also said the nurse would be back in 2 hours to check her progress. At 9:40ish I got another text from J to say K was at 6 centimeters!! Crazy!! I wrote back to say we would be on our way in 30 min!! At some point before we arrived, K got an epidural. At 11am she was a 9! About 11:20am, we kicked everybody out and had us a baby!! K only had to push for 30 min!! She was incredible. J and I were trying to be the best coaches we could be. What a beautiful experience that I will never forget. I will never be able to say thank you enough times to show how much it meant to be there.

08/18/10   11:51am   7lbs10oz   21.25"

I got to meet lots of special people in K's life that I've been hearing about for months now. B & I got to hold her right away - after K and J of course! I got to see Khloe get weighed, measured and dance :-) B & I got to watch the nurse give Khloe her first bath.



 We are so very blessed and so very lucky to have such amazing people like K and J in our lives.



Placement is scheduled for Friday evening.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is precious! Congrats! Many prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Praying for everyone! How wonderful that you got to be there. What a blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!! She's so beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow is Friday...sending some prayers your way! What a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just wonderful to hear/read! SO HAPPY for you guys and so thankful for J & K and their willingness to let you guys in and be such a big part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What an amazing thing to get to be there for!

    How did it go last night? Are you officially a Mommy now???

    She's beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete