Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Wow! Have I said wow yet??

Dinner was great. B and I had K and her mom laughing the whole time. Thank goodness I'm a talker b/c we would have had a silent dinner otherwise. I felt like Barbara Walters giving a Dateline interview! Thank goodness the CW gave us the background info for K's family, so I could come up with questions to get conversations started. B felt like the dinner was awkward with Mom there, but I didn't feel that way at all. He felt it was awkward b/c she wasn't starting any conversations or asking us questions. Also, the adoption is like the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. No one brought up the name we picked out. I really wanted to talk about placement and how all of that would work. I did finally say, "We told our families about the reception, and they are really excited to be there and meet you (K) and your family." That conversation pretty much ended there.

Anywho, on the the wow!

We are standing at the restaurant entrance after taking pictures. I finally mentioned "the hospital." I've talked to my CW, but I don't know how soon the info get passed on to K. I just said, "I don't know if your (K's)  CW told you, but we want you (K) to know that we feel your time in the hospital is for you and your family to be with the baby. Don't feel like you need to invite us." K gave her mom a look, and I was like what's going on? K said she gets to have two people in the delivery room with her. She asked me to be one of the two along with her mom. I was floored! I couldn't believe out of all the people she knows that she would pick me to be the second person. I was getting misty-eyed, but I wanted to wait till I got to the car to cry. I let Mom know that the invite was very unexpected and not necessary b/c that was their family's time. Mom said that it was my time to be with the baby as well. I couldn't say thank you enough or give enough hugs. K is such a special girl. She is such a sweetheart and definitely knows how to put others first. Now the only problem is, will I be able to make it to the delivery b/c I live 2 hrs away, and I might be in orientation or in-service. I'm not going to worry about it. God will work it out if I'm meant to be there.

4 comments:

  1. So glad everything went wonderfully! How exciting to be in the room with her!! You should be able to make it no problem! I say talk with your principal & I'm sure it would be understandable for you to be there... This will be one of the most important times in ya'lls life -- live it up & enjoy the ride! We can't wait... Not too long of a wait now... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things went well! That is so exciting that she invited you to be there with her! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, is right!!!!!! Great news and what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... wow, wow, wow! Congratulations!!! Also- super cute nursery.

    ReplyDelete