Monday, July 5, 2010

Dinner Date/Reception/New Job

B and I are having dinner with K and Mom this week. On our very first phone call, we ended by saying that we would really like to meet K and K's mom. We are keeping our word and driving to Fort Worth tomorrow!

After the sonogram I was worried we wouldn't be seeing K again until placement (2 months later). She reminded me about having dinner with her and her mom. I was glad to be reminded that we would get to see each other again. I think it's very important for K to know that we want to see her and that we care about her. Even if this situation does not work out for whatever reason, K knows she has a friend in us. We have told her over and over again that she will always be in our hearts no matter what. I feel that our lives have been crossed for one reason or another.

K has begun making plans to have a reception at the agency for Khloe's placement. We are going to have immediate family only (Granny that includes you too), and K is bringing some immediate family and 2 close friends. K wants placement to be more of a celebration than a parting. K and her family/friends have a few gifts for us for Khloe. They want the reception to be like a baby shower for us. I think it's so sweet that K wants to give us a baby shower type reception. She's so very selfless. She's already told me she's made 2 blankets and scrapbook for Khloe. We will have a special gift for K as well. Will share all on Wed.

I need to get to my classroom to clean it out cause it ain't my classroom anymore :-( Gonna miss you RJH! I got a new job closer to home and with quite a bit more money. It's going to be sad to leave the only teaching job I've ever known - 6th, 7th and 8th grade art at a junior high/middle school. Now, I'm going to a high school and will be teaching 5 sections of art 1. The material will be exactly the same - I challenge my JH kids :-) I've been searching and found some great projects for my soon-to-be HS kids. Khloe's timing couldn't be worse though! I'm starting this new job with new orientations and new in-services and brand new kids. I'm required to be at school on the first day (duh!). I don't know how it's all going to work out. I know God will find a way to make it work. B/c I'm a brand new employee, the handbook doesn't make it seem like I qualify for FMLA to take nonpunishable leave for the adoption. I don't want 12 weeks like FMLA allows. I want like 4-5! I'm going to be talking to the principal when he comes back from vay-cay to see what we can work out. Keep your fingers crossed for me and Khloe!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through another and wanted to say Congrats! This is so exciting! I hope you get good news from your principal (I'm also a teacher)! I look forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete