Sunday, June 27, 2010

We have been chosen!

I've been dying to share this since May!! We have been chosen by birth mom K!!! We learned about K at the same time we learned about the Indiana birth mom with all the issues (May 10th). I felt different about K, so B and I decided not to share any knowledge about her to ANYONE! - except Danielle. Danielle lives in Mass., and I had to share the info with someone. She was sworn to secrecy b/c Danielle's hubby and B have a few common relatives. We weren't ready to get our parents excited for no reason if K decided not to choose us. It was so hard not to tell anyone at work or to write about it either.

We found out she chose us on Monday, May 24th. I was driving home when our case worker CW called. I didn't start crying till I got off the phone. Then, I cried for 2 days. On my way to the new house, I was scheming a way to tell Brandt, so it would be a surprise. I only had 30 min in the car. I found a note pad in the car and scribbled something in it. I was using a pen with a metal clip to hold the place of where I wrote. Of course, when I got to the house, everybody and their dog was there three other people were there. I was just dying to tell B alone!! Luckily everyone left or stepped outside after about 10 min. I called him to the back room where I was working on the crib. I didn't think he'd ever get there, and he finally walked in!

Me handing him the note pad with the page marked, nervous as hell and in my stern teacher voice: Did you write this?

B scared to death about what it could be: What is it?

Me: Read it.

B reading "SHE CHOSE US!" and smiling: Are you serious?

Me (I don't really remember what I said, but we'll pretend I said): Yep!
Then we had a sweet moment of crying and hugging. It seemed like that moment would never get here for us. It was so wonderful to share.

After finding out, we still did not share with ANYONE! - except my BTF (best teacher friend) Amy.  I think I told her on Tue or Wed. I was about to BURST!!! I'm not the best at keeping secrets if you haven't noticed :-) I finally told my parents (B was working) on Friday, May 28th at our usual Friday night dinner place. I wanted to tell them in person and not in an email or by phone - same for B's parents. We told B's parents the following Monday - moving day. Everyone was so excited when we told them. MIL sang "We're getting a baaaaby! We're getting a baaaaby!" and danced around all morning. It was really cute. They all vowed not to tell anyone either (although it was too hard for me not to share with just a few ppl :0)

Before we even told our parents, Thursday (27th) after we found out we were chosen, we actually got the chance to talk to K on the phone. It was pretty awkward b/c she wanted her mom on the phone. I had planned the conversation in my head a million times, but it just didn't go according to plan at all. We had no prior knowledge of her wanting Mom on the call. That seems like a really important thing that the CW should have called me about! I saw the email the next morning! She NEVER emails!!! WTH? I left the conversation doubting the whole thing. B said it went fine. Men! Our CW mentioned that K would be making a final decision about us after the conversation to see if we had a connection. To me there was no connection (freaking out and replaying whole conversation in my head over and over) b/c K wouldn't open up to us b/c her mom was on the other end. We had to wait till freakin' Monday to find out if K felt we were a match. CW said K liked us and agreed having her mom on the phone was not the best idea. At this point, we were still NOT an official match b/c K wants a face-to-face meeting first. We were eager to talk to K again and meet her in person. Oh yeah, we had to get an 800# for K to call us on, since we are not supposed to give out our personal #'s. If she's going to be in our lives for the next 18 years+, what does it matter if she has our #?

Sunday, June 6 I decided to text K to tell her we would call around 6 or 6:30 to see how she was doing. I thought I blocked my # like we were instructed to do when I got a response back from her saying she had to work and wouldn't be able to! I was like oh $h*t oops! I went with it and had a text conversation and made plans to call the next day before she was to go into work at 6. 

I guess I haven't said what she's having, have I?


?





?




?




?




?




?




?




?



It's a GIRL!!!!!! K is due Aug 11th!!!!! We are so excited and cannot wait to start our family. More info of our journey to come each day! I've got several posts already written out, but had to wait to post them!

6 comments:

  1. Delurking here to say congratulations!!! We have a very open adoption with our daughter's birth mom. She knows our last name, phone numbers, address, pretty much everything. You're right on the money saying that K should be able to have your phone number. Why not? She is entrusting her child to you, she should have your phone number. It seems like you are on your way to establishing a beautiful relationship :) Congrats again! Little girls are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You little stinker! Congratulations babe! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to meet your darling little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I told you that you would be using your picky sticky soon...can't wait to see your baby girl in those onesies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Awww... I've been thinking about you guys and wishing nothing but the very best. SO EXCITED FOR YOU! awwww....

    By the way, the whole phone number thing? I wouldn't stress about it. You're reaching out like you did probably further cemented things. Personally, I think it was a good move. But what do I know? LOL

    YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! :o)

    And it's a GIRL!!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, Omg, Omg!!!! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you, I can't wait to follow you on this journey:)

    ReplyDelete