Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Face-2-Face

We had our face-to-face meeting today (Wed, June 16) in Ft. Worth @Johnny Carino's @2:30pm. I wasn't nervous all day until the clock hit 2:00. We stopped at a store to pick up a card to go with our gift. We thought we knew where the restaurant was, but we felt like we were getting lost. Called case worker CW, and she told us we were heading in the right direction. I grabbed a few tissues before getting outta the truck b/c I could feel the tears welling in my eyes knowing that I was about to meet the young woman who thinks we are worthy of having and raising her child. It's an indescribable and incredible feeling. We've talked to her twice on the phone and many times through text, but this was face-to-face! I didn't actually know what she looked like or who I was expecting. Does she have blonde hair? brown hair? black hair? red hair? blue eyes? brown eyes? green eyes? I don't know!! She finally walked in, and I was like, "Is that her?!" I gave her the biggest hug ever and started crying immediately. Words will never be able to tell K how thankful we are for her coming into our lives. She has given us hope that we will one day fulfill our dream of having a family.

K very cute and petite with long blonde hair and blue eyes. She's funny, sweet and very ambitious. She had some sarcastic moments too, which I loved! After we sat down we gave her our small gift. Nothing fancy, just a sweet card with a note and a photo cube for all the photos we're going to send her. She really liked it or said she did anyway. She's very polite.

Conversation flowed the whole time. Our CWs were there to help facilitate conversation. Our CW did way more facilitating that hers. I did ask K if there was one dream she had for her daughter that we could fulfill what would it be. She said taking her to dance lessons. CHECK! I think we can handle sending our daughter (it's so cool to say that) to dance lessons.

We took a picture together, but for privacy reasons, I will not be posting it. K is making a scrapbook for us to give our daughter about K. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. K also said she's crocheting 2 blankets. I'm exciting about those as well.

The best part about lunch, I almost forgot!! She invited us to her next sonogram!! Really bad timing though. It's tomorrow (Thursday, June 17). B can't make it, but I wouldn't miss it for the world even though it means turning around tomorrow and driving right back to Ft. Worth. She's asking me to share this amazing moment with her that I will never be able to experience for myself. Why on Earth would I say no?? If K's baby truly ends up as our baby, then I want to share that moment with her. Can't wait to post about it!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just love it! Even though you've told us in person, I still love reading about it. THIS IS TRULY SUCH A SPECIAL TIME FOR YOU GUYS! I pray that all continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kristi, that is very exciting! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!!! Awwwww... I am SO SO excited for you guys. What a wonderful ride you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. We met our daughter's birthparents after she was placed with us. It must be a wonderful experience to meet her now and go to the next sonogram with her... Very happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete