Monday, March 22, 2010

The long wait is finally over...

You thought I meant for a baby? No, I'm talking about the nearly 3 weeks we've been waiting to find out if "J" was going to pick us or not. We'll for all my avid readers who are dying to find out...She did not. I think we were a close 2nd though! 2nd place=1st loser ;-) j/k

My heart completely hit the floor when CW told me on the phone this afternoon. I faked the emotions of what I was really feeling inside to keep from crying. I have not actually cried about us not getting picked b/c I don't really have anything to cry about. I was not attached to "J" or her baby - just the thought of being a mom so soon was really exciting.

Everything happens for a reason. B and I plan to begin house hunting as soon as we find out if we can transfer or not. Therefore, God probably knows that it would be nice for us to be moved into our new house where we plan to set up a baby's room (since we have yet to do that in this house since we think we are moving in a few months). It just wasn't meant to be for various reasons. No sad tears in our house tonight *sniff sniff ;-)

Thank you to everyone who's been praying for us to have a family. Keep your prayers coming b/c God is so very close to answering them!!

6 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs Kristina darling! I know your baby will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Easier said than done, I know :) Don't lose faith. We were chosen by the 15th birth mom to receive our profile. Adoption takes time (unfortunately!) and when it's right, it's right. You just KNOW. I don't comment much, but I'm here following and cheering you on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. geeze...my heart sank when I saw your title and then read this post! I know how bad you want to be a Mommy and I REALLY want for you to be a Mommy, too! I know you must be disappointed, but you were right on target when you said that God has a plan...He does...and it is so perfect! Hang in there...TONS of people are praying over you and your situation! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those calls; we have had several now. But there is something comforting about knowin...you can move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I was totally thrown off by the title, but then I thought "Hey, she would've called me!" So sorry "J" didn't pick you guys, but know that God is waiting for the right time for you to meet Baby Bernstein... We love you & are praying for our little niece or nephew soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT LINKS ON THE SCHOOL SCHEDULES....I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

    ReplyDelete