Sunday, March 28, 2010

Infant Care Class update

So today was our infant care class put on by lovely friend Amber. She did a great job giving us the basic info we will need when we first become parents. Unfortunately, the baby we were practicing with was having a very unhappy day. I got to hold her for about 5 seconds at first before she started screaming. We decided to let the baby nap while B and I went to lunch. When we came back Baby B was doing much better and needed a diaper changed. Guess who had to do it?? Me! Luckily it wasn't a nasty one! If I had been by myself, I'm sure I would have been fine. I felt like I was under a microscope with Amber, her mom, and her sister all watching me. I felt like I'd never changed a diaper before. I guess I did good b/c no body said anything - just felt weird being watched by so many people who do this task way more than I do! When I was in junior high babysitting all the time, I was a pro at changing diapers! But golly jeepers that was 14 years ago!!! We didn't get to practice swaddling or the bath, so Amber's mom is going to let us come over Friday (when she gets Baby B again) to learn how.

Parenting is so much like being a teacher. No amount of preparation will truly get you ready until you are there doing it for yourself and figuring things out on your own and in your own way. We are grateful for the practice though!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that, parenting is like being a teacher.....heehee :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete