Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Adoption Update!!!

I got a call from the CW last Thursday. She let me know that "J" saw our on-line profile and was interested in seeing our profile book!! "J" also wanted to see another couple's book as well. CW also let me know the agency would be sending other profile books of families that had been waiting the longest. Hearing that the agency was sending other books besides the ones "J" asked for made my heart sink immediately :-( However, we are SOOOOO excited to have been hand-selected by "J" from the website!! Did I mention "J" is due May 15????? EEEEEEEEK! CW did tell us "J" is really wanting a stay-at-home mom. We are a very young couple and looking to buy a home in a few months, so being a SAHM is not much of an option. I am a teacher with long holidays and summers off!! It's the next best thing, and B is off two days during the week. He will be a part-time SAHD :-) Hopefully "J" is not basing her decision on that factor alone. Pray that "J" will make the right decision for her baby whether it is us or not. (Keep your fingers crossed for us though!)

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! I told you winning my give-away was a good sign! :) I will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! We are excited either way b/c we are just glad to have our book FINALLY go out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, if she hand selected two families, the agency shouldn’t be putting others in the mix as well…that is just frustrating for you. Let them review the two families…if they are not happy at that point, show them others…

    Anywho, enough complaining…good luck - hopefully you will hear back quickly! (We once had someone look for 2 weeks…to have them pick another family…frustrating for us as if we are being looked at, we are “off the books” until a decision is made).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! That is such GREAT NEWS!!! Praying for "J" and her decision!!! Praying for peace and patience for you and Brandt!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kim! We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I will be thinking of you and your husband and praying that God blesses you with the baby he has chosen for you!

    ReplyDelete