Saturday, January 30, 2010

So jealous but so glad

First of all, let me say congratulations to the couple we met at adoption orientation Travis and Lauren! They received word a few weeks ago that our agency had a baby for them. They flew to Dallas and met the birth mom. Turns out birth dad is in jail and doesn't approve. They have to wait 32 days before being able to bring Caroline home. I hope and pray for the best for them, but I am SOOO jealous. We were approved about a month before them and have yet to be shown to a single birth parent. I blame the case worker. On the other hand, I'm glad to know B and I will have our baby one day and to know this process will bring us our baby. I know God has picked out a little one for us and maybe that little one has not even been conceived yet but maybe he has. I say he b/c B and I both think the birth mom who picks us will be carrying a boy. We are not decorating for a boy, but we just have this feeling. Unless the mom is a tomboy and happens to be carrying a girl, then we'll get a girl. We are both adventurous, outdoorsy, and messy - somewhat better suited for a boy. Believe me, I would be head over heels if we got a girl. Pink! Pink! Pink! I love pink! However, my heart tells me we will be getting a boy. I feel better after writing this post, but I am still just a teeny-weeny bit jealous and envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment