Monday, November 23, 2009

Profile books ordered and Birth Parent Letter

It took me a while to finally decide the book is as close to perfect as I can get it. Luckily my friend Kristi M. looked at it and found a few double spaces b/t words and extra spaces b/t sentences. I'm really happy with it. My MIL helped me tweak our birth parent letter. I actually cried when I went back and read it. My friend Amber did too. It was sweet to see Amber being so touched by our letter. I was going to wait and post the letter in a separate post, but I don't want to keep anyone in suspense!

Thank you Tonnette for all of your help!!! Thank you Kristi M. and Nell-Bell for taking the time to read my book to check for errors one more time for me!



Dear Birth Parent,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to get to know us. You are making a very difficult and admirable decision. We have the utmost respect for the courage you have shown. You will be an angel to a very lucky couple.

We are Kristi and Brandt. We have been together for ten years and married for four. We were college sweethearts and have known from the beginning of our relationship that we wanted children. We are committed to parenting and would love the opportunity to share our love and life with a child.

We are choosing to adopt after getting the upsetting news that we would not be able to have children of our own. We know we are meant to be parents, and we feel our hearts have been called to adoption. The decision to adopt was a very easy one because Brandt is an adoptee from Gladney. He would truly be able to relate, to understand, and to offer guidance to a child that not many adoptive parents would be able to do.

We feel we have much to offer your child. We both believe in strong values such as a strong work ethic, honesty, and open mindedness. Good morals and ethics are priorities in our house. Education is also very important to us, and we really look forward to many nights of reading bedtime stories and working on homework and projects. We are eager to provide a loving and stable environment for your child. We would consider it a privilege to help your child's hopes and dreams come true.

Please know that you will always have a special place in our hearts and in your child's should you choose us. Your baby will be raised in the best and most caring way. He or she will always be surrounded by lots of family, love, and support. We are thrilled at the thought of beginning a new journey as parents.

Sincerely,
Kristi and Brandt