Thursday, October 29, 2009

Updating for the sake of updating...

Well, I have no update at the moment. It's only been almost 3 weeks. They told us it would be about a month wait. I try to forget that we are waiting and that it just takes a long time. Yet, I keep replaying our office interview and questioning if I said something the agency is questioning. I know I'm just being paranoid. What else am I supposed to think of right now?? I have a friend who has a friend who's selling her baby furniture. I'm gonna look at it just to see if I like it or not. Brandt thinks it's way too early. Why not start crossing some things off our list?? I'm ready to post some news already!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

  1. All will be fine, I'm sure. I know it's so hard not to worry about it! It sure does take them a long time to write those home studies up though! :) Your good news will come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! Home studies take some time and unless you are some wierdo deviant, you have nothing to worry about. About the baby items... we picked things up here and there and have had a stocked nursery for quite some time. Some days it is painful to look at, but other times it's inspiring. It's really a personal choice. If I had to do it over agin though, I'd wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is one thing to know about the adoption world it is that it moves at a snails pace...no matter how quickly you move on your end, someone else always moves slower. It's not you...this just (unfortunately) seems to be how it works.

    On the baby items...our theory is to pick stuff up when we see it, but never pay full price. Garage sales...friends...they all work We even watched Target put their last year models of strollers out and picked up a brand new one for about 50% off! As long as it wasn't recalled, I didn't care that it was last years model.

    ReplyDelete